Table of Contents
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We implement technical and organisational measures to secure your Personal Information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information.
We are based in the United Kingdom and are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union. As such we are responsible as the ‘controller’ of the personal information of our users for the purposes of the GDPR legislation.
Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect information via Google Analytics. This includes information about your visit and how you interacted with the site, but also includes data about your device, your web browser and operating system. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view and how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as ‘Device Information.’
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- ‘Cookies’ are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- ‘Log files’ track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
We use Device Information to improve and optimise our Site. This relates to analysing trends by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties as Data Processors to help us use your Personal Information.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Sites — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do Not Track
We do not alter the Site data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We do not store any personal or identifiable information about you unless you i) Place a comment on the site or ii) Submit a form through the contact form.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you are a European resident please note that the device information collected by Google Analytics will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We need to process your personal information in order to:
- Perform our contract with you (see Article 6.1.b of the GDPR).
- Comply with our legal obligations (see Article 6.1.c of the GDPR).
- Pursue legitimate business interests of our own related to operating the Sites and providing our services to you, or to pursue the legitimate interests of third parties as long as your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (see Article 6.1.f of the GDPR).
- Establish, exercise or defend legal claims, where necessary (see Article 9.2.f of the GDPR).
- Operate an online review platform in compliance with, for example, the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive, ICPEN’s guidelines on online reviews and endorsements, The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, The Competition and Markets Authority’s guidance on online reviews and endorsements.
- Some of these grounds for processing your personal data overlap, so there may be several reasons which justify us processing your personal information.
In those limited circumstances where you have expressly given your consent to us to process your personal data (see Article 6.1.a of the GDPR), for example, when subscribing to our newsletters, you are free to revoke your consent at any time. However, please be aware that we may have the right to continue to process your information if it can be justified on one of the other legal bases mentioned above.
The Sites are not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
We are the Data Controller of the Personal Data you enter to create and maintain your account.
In addition to the rights set out above concerning your Personal Data, you also have the following rights:
- You have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If our processing of your personal information is based on your consent (in the case of a newsletter), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of data carried out before you withdrew your consent. You may withdraw your consent by emailing us at jim [at] catesnutrition.com.
- In some circumstances, these rights may be limited or conditional. For example, whether or not you have the right to data portability in a particular case depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
Data Protection Officer
We have a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions about the data processing activities performed by us, you are welcome to contact our DPO by email at: jim [at] catesnutrition.com